escape($this->item->readmore_link); //$document->addCustomTag(''); ?>
Get a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand

Get a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand

Alwin Bakker   July 30 2015  
Comments (0)
Add to list
Get a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand
For New Zealand there is a working holiday visa for the countries listed below, based on a reciprocal arrangement between both countries.

Important: In case you find any information here incorrect or outdated, please let us know by email: !

Valid for: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Singapore (work exchange programme), Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Vietnam.

The visa allows you to
  • Stay in New Zealand for up to 12 months.
  • Work in New Zealand for up to 3 months for the same employer.
  • Enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to 6 months’ duration in total during your visit.
The visa doesn't allow you to
  • Take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa or residency while you are in New Zealand). 
  • Applicants must be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old.
  • Certain countries have an unlimited number of visas available each year, other countries only a limited number of visas.
  • Only Canada and the United Kingdom are eligible for a 11 month extension of the visa.
  • Additional information may be required for health, character and English proficiency depending on personal circumstances.
  • Starts from 165 NZD (+/- 100 Euro and +/- 110 US Dollar).
Process time
  • A few working days.
How to apply
Follow the link below and find out how many visas are available for your country and if there are any additional requirements. Select “Work”, “Nationality”, “Working Holiday” for your country and click “View Visa Details and Apply”.

The visa described above is a working holiday visas, this visa is the traditional “backpackers visas” which allow you to work and travel for a certain period of time in that particular country. Under certain circumstances it's possible to extend your 12 month visa with 11 months. An important requirement is that you hold a Canadian or United Kingdom passport. Check the website if this applies to your situation.
Tagged under:

External Links

New Zealand immigration website. You can order your visa directly online through this portal.

Comments for Get a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand

There are no user comments for this listing.
Already have an account?
Subscribe to our Newsletter